This is a wonderful and flavorful spicy dish that has it’s roots with Burmese cuisine. The dish uses a strong flavor of curry seasoning and tons of garlic. Hope you enjoy.
Burmese Minted Jalapeno Chicken
- 1 pound of Chicken Breast
- 2 large jalapeno’s
- 1 tablespoons of minced up mint leaves
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 1 large shallot bulb
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce (recommend to use Huy Fong brand)
- 1.5 tablespoons of Curry Masala
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Marinade for chicken:
- Cut the chicken breast into 1/2 inch pieces; almost diced but not quite.
- In a bowl, mix the marinade-ingredients together and whisk till the ingredients are all blended.
- Add the chicken and mix it all together. Let chicken sit for about 15-20 minutes outside of the fridge.
- Take two of the garlic cloves and dice up real small. Keep 8 cloves to the side
- Take the shallot and dice up real small.
- Take the jalapeño, slice down the middle and take out the seeds.
- Slice the jalapeño into half circles. Do not exceed 1/4 inch thickness. A little bit less than 1/4 inch is better.
- In a medium-hot pan add 3 tablespoons of oil. Allow oil to get hot.
- Once oil is hot add the 8 of the 10 whole garlic cloves and sauté until they are tender brown. Remove and keep to the side.
- Add the diced up garlic, shallots and jalapeño slices to the pan. Sauté until the shallots are translucent/brown.
- Add a quarter cup of chicken stock and bring to a boil. Scrape the cooked bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cornstarch and whisk quickly into the boiling chicken stock with vegetables and wait till the sauce thickens.
- Once thoroughly mixed remove the vegetables to a separate bowl and keep aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the same pan. Get pan back to medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to the same pan. Add in small doses. Do not cook all all the chicken at once otherwise it will reduce your pans temperature and you will not get a good stir fry.
- After each dose of chicken is cooked, remove and put in a clean bowl.
- Once all your chicken is cooked, add back to the pan and add the stir fried vegetables (garlic cloves, diced garlic, shallots and jalapeños).
- Mix it all together, sprinkle the diced mint leaves over the chicken and mix.
- Serve with rice.
The Crown Jewel Spice Co.