An authentic Chicken Korma that is healthy and full of flavor that will warm your stomach with its spicy goodness.
- 2 Pounds of Chicken Breast
- 1 Tablespoon of Yogurt
- 1 White or Yellow Onion
- 4 Chilies (Serrano or Thai Chilies)
- 2 Tablespoons of minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of minced Ginger
- 4 Tablespoons of Dried Coconut
- ½ cup of Mint Leaves
- 16-20 cashews
- 1 can of diced Tomatoes
- 3 cups of Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup of Cilantro for garnish
- Juice of one large lemon.
- ½ Tablespoon of Garam Masala
- 1 ½ Tablespoon of Curry Masala
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut the chicken into 1½ to 2 inch cubes.
- Add chicken to a bowl and salt the chicken liberally.
- Add Yogurt to the chicken and mix it up for about a minute.
- Place chicken into the fridge.
- Coarsely chop up your onions, chilies, mint leaves and set aside.
- Heat four tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pot on medium-high heat.
- Drop the chicken into the pot in small batches and brown. Do not cook all the way through, just brown the outside and remove from the pot. Set aside.
- After browning all the chicken and setting it aside, add the onions, chilies, mint, cashews, coconut, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, garam masala and curry powder. Sautee until onions are translucent. Keep mixing the ingredients so it doesn’t burn at the bottom.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and use the liquid to start scraping the darker bits from the bottom of the pan. That’s where the flavor is.
- Bring to a light boil.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil and turn off stove.
- Take liquid and pour mixture into a blender. Blend for one minute till it is smooth and creamy looking.
- Add chicken to the empty pot.
- Pour mixture over the chicken covering all the chicken pieces.
- Put lid on the pot and place into oven for 105-120 minutes. The chicken will braise and become very tender in the curry sauce.
The Crown Jewel Spice Co.