Egg white tacos with tandoori masala potatoes, yogurt garlic sauce on a bed of arugula.
If you want healthy and not boring egg white tacos, you need to try this. I took my Tandoori Powder/Masala and mixed it with some chopped potatoes and canola oil. I heated the oven up to 400 degrees and spread the potatoes on a baking sheet and tossed them into the oven for about 30 minutes. This gave the potatoes a nice baked crisp outer layer with a buttery smoky tandoori flavor inside. I ended up eating a bunch of these by themselves because they were so good.
I then took egg whites, added salt and pepper and some herb de provence and whipped up the eggs.
For the secret sauce, I made a garlic, mint yogurt spread. Using Greek Yogurt gives the dip a thick, flavorful and tangy sauce. I later toasted some small corn tortilla’s in a cast iron pan, got them lightly brown and was all set to eat.
egg white tacos
- 2 cup chopped potatoes about 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2 cups of egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of tandoori masala
- Salt as needed
- 2 tablespoons of canola or vegetable oil
- Corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of minced mint leaves
- 1 cup of arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chop up the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and place into mixing bowl.
- Add the oil, tandoori masala and salt. I prefer to add about one large finger pinch of salt. Add more if you want. Mix it up real good.
- Spread the potatoes onto a baking sheet and ensure the potatoes are spread evenly across the sheet.
- Toss into the oven for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- While the potatoes cook you can make the garlic sauce.
- Smash the garlic with a garlic press till it becomes a paste.
- Add the garlic to the yogurt along with the red pepper flakes, salt, cumin, black pepper, lemon juice and mint leaves.
- Mix up the yogurt sauce and put it into the fridge.
- Once potatoes are finished then cook the eggs. Heat a non stick pan to medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable or canola oil.
- Get your eggs light and fluffy.
- Brown your tortillas using your preferred method.
- Take a tortilla and layer the garlic sauce with a spoon, arugula, eggs and potatoes on top. You are ready to eat!