Garam Masala Health Benefits.
Garam Masala has numerous health benefits. It has its root in Ayurvedic medicine. According to Ayurvedic medicine, the garam masala spice mixture delivers the six rasas or tastes into a dish that help create the balanced diet and balanced level of energy. Believe what you want, but we do know garam masala is the soul to making good Indian food.
The spices in garam masala are known to have health and nutritional benefits through numerous studies associated with turmeric and curry. The Masala spice blends ranging from cumin to cinnamon to pepper all provide their own benefits to your health.
- Fight disease and builds immunity
- Relieve pain and inflammation (especially powerful when taken with Asprin)
- Slow the aging process
Promote and instigate weight loss
- Increase vitamin, mineral and protein absorption
- Relieve gastrointestinal problems, heartburn and also soothes the upset stomach. To keep the digestive “agni” working in peak performance or at least helping to work in peak performance, your digestive system needs the right level of warm and spice based food such as garam masala which is another reason for its health benefits.
- Lower your glycemic index, which in turn helps lower blood sugar levels
- Reduce bloating
- Detoxify the body
- Eliminate bad breath (I could be a little skeptical on this because if you like cardamon and cumin breath then maybe it eliminates bad breath for you).
A lot of what is proclaimed for “health benefits” of garam masala should be taken lightly but we do know that over thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine that Garam Masala has been key to improving health.
My personal thoughts to using Garam Masala is to not use store bought garam masala for your health. You need something that is blended fresh and made at home. Of course you can use my garam masala which is organic and full of spices or you can make your own but that can be difficult to procure all the right organic spices and expensive! Also, if you plan to leverage garam masala for your health because of an ailment, don’t just rely on garam masala. Use it in conjunction with your doctors treatment to help boost your ability to heal.